Monday 21 August 2017

On our way home

On our way from Llanidloes we discovered a waterfall we didn't know existed.  It's called Water Break Its Neck.  Sadly it wasn't quite as exciting when we found it as the name implied.


We drove to Berrington Hall and had a look around the house.  They had a special exhibition of modern pottery to do with pineapples - a motif around the house.

The staircase

An old Pineapple quilt

The view of the grounds

A large pineapple thing!

The kitchen garden

The largest sunflower heads I think I've ever seen.





We stopped at a pub for lunch and went home.  A lovely trip away.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



1 comment:

  1. OK, your description of the 'large pineapple thing' just made me laugh and I think it will continue for a while this morning as I remember it. So Fun!Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.