Monday 14 August 2017

Bobby Britnell Day 2

The second day of Bobby's workshop continued from where we left off on Day 1.  Our first exercise was monoprinting both on fabric and on paper.

Printing on calico (sorry I haven't been able to get a good photo of this)

Sketchbook pages - sorry about the quality of the photos.








Altering the surface - using graphite powder to highlight the marks


Paper put through crimpers



Shibori style

Hot iron on fax paper


I wiped up all the black and white acrylic paint from my monprinting onto this brown paper - photo on left of page.  I cut it up into 3" squares

Bobby suggested I thought about placement - distance between the squares


Bobby gave us so much information and so many ideas.  She generously shared her sketchbooks with us and talked about the quilts hanging in the exhibition at the Minerva Gallery.

We all had a fabulous time.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.