Sunday 2 August 2015

National Colouring Book Day

Colouring books are the new thing!  And not just for children.  I have seen so many articles on the health benefits of colouring in for adults.  So why not join in?

As regular readers know I helped form the online community His Kingdom Come and we have 3 colouring books available to download from the HKC Shop.

And the team decided that today we would share our coloured pages in honour of National Colouring Book Day.   Shonna started us off with a blog post on the HKC site.

Here are some of my pages:
This is from Shonna's God's Girls Colouring Book.

I coloured it in with Inktense watercolour pencil crayons.

And then went over the colouring with a wet brush.


This is a page from Narda's Creative Call Colouring Book.  She made this to go alongside a Book Study of The Creative Call that I was leading on the HKC site.

I used the Inktense pencils again and used a very, very small brush to wet the colour.

I also coloured a page from Paula's Scripture Snippets colouring book.


I've put together a free colouring sheet for you to download.  It is based on the designs drawn by Shonna for my Altered Books class based on The Promised Land.

I used watercolour paints and gel pens to colour mine:
(The blue lines in the background are from my printer and are not on the download)
 

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

4 comments:

  1. I love your pages Bernice! Fantastic job on them. Thank you so much for the free coloring page...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Bernice!! I love your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lovely job on these.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inktense pencils are great aren't they. Love your colouring. Thank you for the gift, I will enjoy colouring and meditating on the verse.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.