Thursday 28 May 2015

Just playing

This morning I decided that I would just play at making backgrounds in my journal.  I haven't started any of my Take Me Deeper pages for May so I thought if I could do the backgrounds that might motivate me.

Do you collect ideas and pictures on Pinterest?  I do

Do you ever do anything with what you've pinned?  Me neither!

However, I did see this technique - without instructions - and thought I'd give it a go.  But first I needed to buy Bleeding Tissue.  Bearing in mind that bleeding is often used as a swear word it was with trepidation that I googled it.  Fortunately Amazon came to my rescue and I was able to order some from Sell Lounge UK which I rather assumed was a UK Amazon Marketplace vendor.   When I was notified that the tissue had been dispatched on May 22nd it said the parcel would be delivered sometime between May 30th and June 19th. This sent me scurrying back to Amazon to find out why.  Turns out it was coming from New Jersey, USA.  Good news though!  It arrived on May 27th.  So today was play day!

I cut some of the tissue into hexagons.  I lightly wet the journal page with water and put the tissue hexagons on to the page.  I didn't worry about what colour I was picking up and putting on the page.  I sprayed the tissue with more water.

Being impatient! I dried the page with my heat gun and as the tissue dried it popped off the page leaving the dye behind.

With these pages I decided to make more of a colour choice.

And with the tissue removed.

On these pages I experimented with all the pieces I had left from cutting the hexagons.  I put the pieces on the page so they were overlapping and then I wet the other page and put it down on top of the bits.

I peeled the pages apart and it looked like this.

I sprayed more water and pressed the pages together again.  And then peeled the pages apart again.

I dried the pages using the heat gun again.

The dried hexagons that came off the first two sets of pages had been dyed by the process.


I glued them to the pages with Soft Gel Medium.

For the final play, I cut the tissue into strips of varying lengths and into squares.

Wetting the page I put the strips and squares onto the wetness and then sprayed with water again.

This time I left the pages to dry rather than speeding up the process.   I wanted to see whether if it dried on its own the tissue had more time to bleed.

 The dry pages.

I love playing with backgrounds where you have no idea what you are going to get.  It's serendipity.

Don't you just love the word serendipity?

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



11 comments:

  1. What fun! Bet you enjpyrd that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just love that you took the time to play and love the tissue, I will have to order some! it does inspire me~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these! They look awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Thanks for sharing the process. Looks like something fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word. There's a quiet happiness about it! Lovely pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a good idea.I guess I am off to the dollar store for tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the softer bleeding through look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh!!!!! I haven't used this tissue paper in a long time!!! You have inspired me Bernice!! I really want to try the hexagons!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful Bernice! Not sure how you did it or how the pigment got in the paper but I want to learn how to do it. God bless! Do you have a tutorial on UTube?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, all the instructions are with the photos in the blog post.

      Delete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.