Thursday 15 May 2014

Practising Gratitude day 10: Celebrate

For 21 days in May I am running an art challenge blog called The Art of Practising Gratitude.  Today's post is here.  On my blog I am showing what I did in response to the blog post.

Now today's challenge is a new one to me and requires Spray Starch which I forgot to buy!  So I'm trying the waterbased ink and clingfilm method again using Dylusions Inks rather than watercolour paints.

I used a Pizza box as a spray area so that the inks didn't go over everything.  I used a piece of 90lb watercolour paper and sprayed it with water.  I sprayed 2 colours of Dylusions Inks and then some more water. 

I moved the paper around to make the inks mix. 

I put the crumpled up clingfilm on and left the ink to dry.

The dry piece of paper.

My prepared pages.

I stamped the word celebrate and went round the letters with 3 colours of pens.

I used a Dylusions stamp to make the bunting - stamping it on my paper and cutting it out.  I used a piece of the left over paper to make a tag.

I inked the edges of the Bible verse and glued it to the page.  I wrote my journaling around my title word.


Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



1 comment:

  1. I'm not one for techniques that require patience but this looks so effective I think I could cope with leaving it to dry! Might even make up a batch ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.