Monday 19 May 2014

Practising Gratitude day 12: Pay compliments

For 21 days in May I am running an art challenge blog called The Art of Practising Gratitude.  Today's post is here.  On my blog I will be showing what I did in response to the blog post.

Today's challenge was to use Inktense pencils with a stencil.  Of course this technique can be done with any water soluble pencil.  Here are my pages before I started.

I painted some turquoise acrylic over the pages.  Then using pink and 2 shades of orange (one of which looks yellow in the photo) I drew around some of the white shapes with the Inktense pencil and then used a paintbrush and water to make a wash over the shape.

I stamped the words.

And glued down the Bible verse.

I wrote my journaling with silver pen under the word. I also drew round some of the shapes with the silver pen.

And here is my gratitude list to date.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


3 comments:

  1. I'd like to compliment you on the gifts you bring to us each day in your beautifully creative art journal pages. The are simple yet speak so deeply to my soul. You are a gift to us, Bernice. Thank you for taking time to include us in your artistic journey! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would really appreciate it if you would email me. Click on the Contact Me at the left of the page

      Delete
  2. The turquoise looks great layered over the yellow background, and those flowers look so cheerful

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.