Tuesday 31 December 2013

Madeira: Nativity Scenes

We have just spent a week in Madeira - 23rd -30th December - and I thought I would share some, not all, of the 750+ photographs.

While it's still 2013 I thought I would share some of the Nativity scenes we saw.  These were built on the road side or in the centre of town.  Some we found more amusing than others - mostly due to the size of the baby or more particularly the size of the sheep in relation to the camels!

In the main square in Funchal





By the harbour in Funchal

Jardin do Mar





On the seafront at Porto Moniz


 These were in Seixal.




In the church at Sao Vincente

 On a street corner in Sao Vincente
In the hotel at Porto Moniz

And the last one in Machico - which didn't photograph too well.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice
 

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous? Thanks for sharing! -- Judy Huntsville al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly gorgeous - fabulous to see how other country's celebrate and awesome that the nativity takes centre stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. What a lovely tradition. But, yes, those are some big sheep!!!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and great that the nativity is so prominent.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.