Monday 2 September 2013

September

There's information about the month of September on 12 Months in View today with a challenge to produce some September related.

If you read my blog yesterday you will know that I had already put some colour on the next page of my journal by pressing the wet page to the dry one.

I used a Dina Wakely stencil and some Crushed Grape ink to add some colour.  I pur paper towel over the edges of the stencil so I didn't get straight lines on the page.

I also sprayed through a flower stencil as I always think of Michaelmas Daisies at this time of the year.

It was actually brighter on the page than in the photo and I didn't much like it so I sprayed it with White Linen ink.

I stamped leaves with two different greens and a butterscotch ink.  I stamped the toadstools and coloured them in using a dry brush and a Barn Door Distress Ink pad.  I added the quote and the title.  Then highlighted with a white pen.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



4 comments:

  1. Very pretty.
    By the way, I finished my Passport to Art altered book today!!! I'm so happy with it! I posted a few more pages on my blog today. I think I' might make a video going page by page to showcase the whole thing.
    THANK YOU for the wonderful class! I loved it!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes do make a video, I would love to see it.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous page, love the colours. That is the most versatile stencil I am still very thankful you bought two! Love the toadstools which reminds me of a freebie stampset I just got on a magazine. Had kept the mag for my hospital visit and only got it out yesterday. It has toadstools and autumnal things, it even has little flowers which could do for the hawthorn. Oh happy me.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.