Tuesday 24 September 2013

School Stories

On 12 Months in View today Carolyn has provided us with a look at the children's book genre of School Stories.

The art challenge was to produce something school related.  Carolyn altered the cover of a composition notebook.  I chose to do a collaged journal page.

I collected together some scrapbooking papers and some other bits.

I tore up bits of paper and glued them to the page in my journal using Multi Medium.

 When the glue was dry I scraped a very thin layer of gesso over the whole page.

I used two colours of Dabbers through stencils and added several patterns of washi or tissue tape.

I printed out a photo of my Masters Degree graduation on copy paper and tore round it.  I added the lettering.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

4 comments:

  1. I love the page. Thank you for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great! Love school books and how you layered these pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I loved this time of year and learning new things. Always loved starting new notebooks and such! Glad you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page Bernice. The photo is perfect!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.