Tuesday 3 September 2013

Plant rather than flower of the month

On 12 Months in View Susan has provided an excellent blog post about the Hawthorn which is the plant of the month for September.

The challenge was to go back to her original tutorial in March and produce a drawing.

I printed out the colouring sheet and cut out the design.   I scribbled with a pencil over the back and then drew over the outline to make a soft drawing on the page.   I cut up the sheet so I could put extra flowers and berries.

I used my Inktense water soluble crayons to colour in and then used a waterbrush to spread the colour.  For the background I used the waterbrush onto the pencil and then wiped that across the page.

It looks a bit unfinished so maybe I'll come back to it later in the month.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


1 comment:

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.