Friday 13 September 2013

Journaling the Dyan way


In 12 Months in View today the challenge is to make an art journal page in a Dyan Reaveley style.


First I sprayed 3 colours of Dylusions inks on the page and spread them ovver the page with a wet wipe.

I stamped with Archival Ink on a piece of acetate packaging.

I tried to cut it out so I made a stencil and a mask but the acetate was too thick for the knife I was using so I ended up using the scissors.

I drew round the mask (template) 3 times - the first one on the left and then the other two - stopping as I drew round the template when I got to the previous one so that they look as though they are standing slightly behind each other.

This is the page I did at one of Dyan's workshops at Art from the Heart.

And this was the page I did from where I blotted the stencil.

I own one of the Dylusions Journaling Blocks so I used as described in Dyan's video.


I felt I had left too much space between the edge of the page and the first border so I added another border around it.

Then I drew some patterns and coloured them in with black pen.

I added my journaling.

And then the white highlights.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



1 comment:

  1. Super page Bernice, I fancy doing this one too now - perhaps I will initiate my Dyan journal with it. BJ

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.