Sunday 21 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 21

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.   Today's theme is Choices with  inspiration from the poem 'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost.  The technique challenge is Dyan Reaveley's ghosting technique.

Here's today's page.

I sprayed the page with Dylusions inks.

I put the stencil on top and sprayed with water but got no obvious effect.

I tried with a different stencil and still got no effect.  I think the book page probably sucked up all the ink.

So, I tore two pages out of my Dylusions journal and wet one page and sprayed it with inks.  Then I took the other sheet and pressed it on top to take a 'print'.

I sprayed water through the stencil and got a great ghosted image.

I cut one of the sheets down to size and stuck it into my book.  I put white acrylic paint on the chipboard signpost I found in my stash!

Before I stuck the signpost onto my page I turned it over and placed it on the tag and inked the tag.  I stuck two pieces of map page on as well as the quote and verse.  I stamped the diamonds using distress ink.

Here's the finished page with the tags in their pockets.

And this is what yesterday's page now looks like.

So have you noticed the 'deliberate' mistake yet?  Well quite!  I didn't use Dyan's ghosting technique - I used her bleachout technique instead.  I'll come back to the ghosting technique later in my book!

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


1 comment:

  1. Oh my I adore that window stencil effect - utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.