Saturday 2 March 2013

Pan Pastel Masterclass

Last week I went to Art from the Heart in Harrogate to do a Pan Pastel Masterclass taught by the lovely Kate Crane.

She showed us various ways of using the Pan Pastels.  We could do each tag in a different colour or we could choose a colour scheme.  I chose the latter option.

We covered the tag in a similar way to using Distress Inks.  I applied the pastel through a stencil and stamped on it.

This tag is made up of 3 tags.  The strip down the left hand side was the first tag I did and I didn't like it.  So I cut off the bit I didn't like and I stuck the other part onto this tag.  I made a small tag which I stuck on and then put a brad through it.


The large tag had modelling paste applied to it through a stencil and when it was dry I coloured the circles with pastels.  The small tag hangs on the book ring on its own.

This tag was coloured first with the Pan Pastels and stamped on.  Then the diamond shapes were added using modelling paste again and coloured when dry.

The large tag was coloured and then the large stamp was stamped using Versamark.  While the Versamark was wet I applied a light covering of Pan Pastel.  Then I stamped the harlequin pattern with Archival.  The small tag was added afterwards.


And for the last tags I used a variety of the techniques from the other tags.

And finally the tags were put onto a book ring and ribbons added.

A fabulous day with an excellent teacher and some lovely people.  Thank you everyone.

Bernice

2 comments:

  1. WOW your tags are fabulous - it looks as though you had a brilliant day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.