Sunday 17 March 2013

Hearts and ...

No, not flowers but shamrocks.

Today is St Patrick's Day and today's challenge is to use heart shapes to make shamrocks and then make an interesting layout or art journal page.  Or just use heart shapes.

I found all my green Distress Inks.  Although I think some of them are more blue than green.

Anyway, it didn't matter because I didn't use them all!

I had already put gesso on my journal page so I randomly spread colours on from the pad, one after the other, wiped it round with a baby wipe and drying in between each colour.

I built up layers with a heart stencil and some sequin waste.
 

I added some pink and although I had dried the layers each time, the next layer wiped out the previous layer!

I printed out the quotes and inked the paper with turquoise, pink and yellow distress inks.

I cut up the quotes and inked the edges before sticking them down.  I drew dashed lines around the hearts with a black pen and added other details with the pen.  I used a stamp that looks like ric-rac with Archival ink.  I dripped water on to bleach out some of the colour and also used water on a heart stamp to do the same.

As ever there's scope for more doodling and some journaling if I wish.

Looking forward to seeing what you do today.

Thanks for popping by.

Bernice


2 comments:

  1. AMAZING idea to build up the two stencils. Love that idea and plan to steal, I mean use, it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernice, this is beautiful! I love the shield of St. Patrick!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.