Tuesday 26 February 2013

Y is for YES

If you want to join in with making an A to Z of Me Journal through the month of February click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on YES.

Sorry about the photo - the sun came out!

I stuck my book page down on a scrap piece of printer paper with a glue stick.

I put another piece of paper over the top and marked where the page was just so I could practise it with the printer.   I used Publisher but you could do this in whatever software you have.  I worked out where the photo should go and then did a practise run with the spare sheet.

Then I put the book page through the printer.  This is a photo of some art work that I did that I had printed as a postcard.

I sprayed the yellow and lime onto the page which as you can see buckled somewhat  because the page before wasn't totally dry!


I sprayed the yellow again over a Crafter's Workshop stencil of wire netting.   I stamped randomly with a crackle stamp.  I tore the edges of my book paper and inked the torn edges.  I inked the verse and the quote and stuck them all down.

I stamped the word and coloured it in with a Jellyroll pen.

I wrote my journaling.

Only one more letter to go and you will have a finished book.

See you tomorrow for Z.

Bernice


5 comments:

  1. Really interesting to see the development of that lovely page - printing your own artwork on top is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernice, I've been so blessed by your blog, I gave you an award on my blog. You can find out the details on my blog post for today. These pages are lovely!!! Thank you for showing the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The printing on an old book page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower is such a lovely focal point.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.