Sunday 10 February 2013

I is for Interests

Thank you to everyone who has sent me kind and encouraging comments since my post on E for Emotions.   I have been able to find some time for my journal so I thought I would start at I and go back to E, F, G, H at a later time.

If you want to join in with making an A to Z of Me Journal through the month of February click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Interests.

I sprayed two colours of Dylusions inks onto my page and wiped them across the page with a wet baby wipe.

I sprayed two other colours of inks through a stencil but forgot to photograph it.

Today's technique is to add metal.  You could use any sort of metal embellishment or make your own.  You can buy sheets of thin metal but I used a ginger beer tin.  If the outside of the tin has a pattern on it that you like then you could use that side of the tin.  My tin was silver on the inside.

I cut the top and bottom off and cut down the cylinder to make a flat piece of metal.

Avoiding the sharp edges I put the sheet through my cuttlebug in an embossing folder.

I cut the embossed metal with a butterfly die.

I used two colours of alcohol inks to colour one of the butterflies.  I might go back and colour the others.

I stuck them onto the page with modelling paste so that the paste filled up the embossed sections at the back.  I stamped the word and drew round the inside of each letter.  I stuck on the quote and the verse and drew round some of the diamonds with a white pen and a black pen.  I stamped some butterflies using archival ink.

I added my journaling.  There's still room on the page for more journaling so I may go back and add more.

I hope you enjoyed today's challenge.  Thanks for popping by.
Bernice

3 comments:

  1. Your page is so pretty. I need to look into a machine for embossing and cutting dies. I love your butterflies. So happy to have you back posting with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Bernice as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing how you made the butterflies

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.