Friday 18 January 2013

My Candy, my intentions.

I have been working on the backgrounds of several pages for the My Candy class.  I was sure I had taken photos of the backgrounds for my two pages on photography but it seems I hadn't so it's straight into the finished page today here on my blog.

In a previous post I showed you my list of intentions for 2013.

 
I don't have any photo editing software other than the simple things available in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  I don't get on at all with Picasa and don't have the patience to learn Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.  I did have a free piece of software from a magazine years ago which I used to produce the photo I have used for the stars on this page but I can't remember what it is called and I can't find it.  Most photographs that I put on here are straight from the camera.

Anyway, what I mean by Photo Manipulation in this instance is not the ability to distort something until it is totally unrecognisable like in these stars but to have photoediting that allows me to manipulate the mood or the angle of the photo.  I am considering buying Lightroom.

I had done some of the background for this page and I knew I wanted to either do stars or circles but couldn't decide how to arrange them.  Then I read the DT post on A Sprinkle of Imagination and borrowed a few of the ideas.  Thank you Trish and Vicki.

However when I had finished the stars didn't really stand out so I used Pan Pastel to highlight round the stars.

The second page is about Photo Inspiration.  When I was doing a course called Creative Sketchbooks and before that C&G Creative Embroidery I used photographs to inspire my art or my textile art.  And I've stopped doing that.  Although I still take the photos of texture or line.

So this year I want to use my photographs to inspire my art journal pages.  On this page I used a stencil I made whilst doing Creative Sketchbooks which was made from a photograph I took in the garden.

And here are the backgrounds for the next 2 pages on Challenge Blogs and Fitness.


Hopefully I'll finish these pages soon.

Thanks for spending time with me today.

Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Love the stars Bernice!!!!! Your pages are gorgeous ! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hexagons on the top page.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.