Monday 12 November 2012

More JustBYourself loveliness

I really love being part of the Design Team for JustBYourself as working with the papers stretches me since I don't do Digi and to be honest I haven't done much scrapbooking at all lately.

Anita design these lovely papers recently and I thought they would be excellent for a project I had in mind.

If you are a regular follower you will know that through November I am running An Attitude of Gratitude Journal Challenge and on this blog showing each page I have made.  I chose at the very beginning that I would use the Scriptures for each day in the art journal.

I thought it would be great to make a book using the quotes.  So I printed out the designs from Anita's Floral Abstract (1030) set onto cardstock.  I used some single sided scrapbooking cardstock that I knew I wouldn't use and printed on the back.  I made the book up in the same way as I did in this post.
 
 I used the PDF of 30 days of quotes and printed 2 pdf pages to a sheet of card.   This made the size of print half the size.


Having made my book, I stuck all the quotes in and randomly stuck in bits of scrapbooking embellishments that I have acquired.  Some of them I can't remember why I would have bought and others that I like but haven't ever got round to using.






 And then I started doodling on the pages.

And adding some more rub-ons





And the joy of this is that I can keep going back to the pages and adding more doodling and anything else that takes my fancy.  And better still I can do the doodling whilst I'm watching the television!

I'll come back next month and show you pages 13-30.  In the meantime, it's not too late to join in with the Attitude of Gratitude challenge.  After all, although I have put the challenge up for 30 days in November we can develop an attitude of gratitude any time.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Even without my pages! You are one talented, creative woman, Bernice! Thank you so much for showcasing my journal pages...love and hugs!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! My brain is on overload with all this creativity from everyone but I am sure hoping it soaks in and I learn some new techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Anne! I have a number of "spin off" journals already in mind from these prompts.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.