Friday 9 November 2012

Day 9 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Strengths.

Today's art challenge was to 'add fabric to your page today'.

This is the manila card from yesterday.   I sprayed some inks randomly through two of my stencils.

I had this cotton rag from a previous project and tore three narrow strips from it.

I glued them down to the page using gel medium.

I sprayed over the whole page with Colorwash.

I stamped randomly onto the page with Archival Ink and then added some highlights with white pen.

I added my journaling.

This is what the large sheet of backing paper looks like at the moment.  Can you see where it is obvious that I put the paper I'm working on every time.  I need to be dabbing my excess ink across that rectangle to disguise it.


I rarely add fabric to my art journal pages so this was quite a stretch for me today.


See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. One of the things I love about art journalling is the way things like the paper underneath your working space can be used. Love you have used the fabric as well, it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page turned out so great! What a wonderful idea to add fabric! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. part of the fun is creating random background and collage papers from the protective paper under the work surface! thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.