Monday 5 November 2012

Day 5 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal

If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Social Media.

Today's art challenge was to 'use  Dyan Reaveley's bleachout technique'.

Using a piece of cartridge paper, I followed Dyan's instructions on the video using Squeezed Orange instead of the pink.  I blotted it with a piece of manila card (on the right).
I blotted the manila card again onto the piece of cartridge paper I had already blotted on to previously.

Then I stamped with the Dylusions stamp.  However if you don't own one of those use any stamp you own or you could draw it yourself using a waterproof pen.  I used a waterbrush to remove the black and added the orange ink again but using a paintbrush. I also stamped the toadstools/mushrooms and used the same technique.


I drew round the leaves with a white pen, stuck on the Bible Verse and wrote my journaling with a white pen.


This is a great technique from Dyan.  Hope you enjoy it.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice - like all of the pages you have made so far - not sure how much time I have now to join in but will try when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I don't have a waterbrush so will have to try it all with a small brush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched the video and it's awesome. :) I love your journal spread. Can't wait to get started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what you've done is so beautiful, looks like a tribute to Autumn! love it :) truly inspiring. thanks to you I'll take a look at the challenge blog. thank you :) xxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page turned out lovely! I may have to get one of those water brushes!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.