Sunday 4 November 2012

Day 4 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal

If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Time.

Today's art challenge was to 'stamp with an embossing folder'.

I decided that I would use the page that I had already used as a mop up from a previous day.  As the theme for today is Time I thought I would use my Tim Holtz Sizzix Texture Fades.  This didn't work as well as the Patchwork one I have used in the past.

I inked the raised side of the embossing folder with Archival Ink and pressed it down onto the page.

If you don't want the line of the embossing folder to show on the page then mask off the rest of the page with some spare paper.

Then I stamped with various stamps and black Archival Ink.

I added the Bible Verse and my journaling. I added one or two highlights with black pen.


I haven't listed the stamps I used as I want to encourage you to use whatever you have and interpret the theme and the challenge in your own way.

I hope this has been helpful and look forward to seeing your interpretation.

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant, stamping with an embossing folder! Never heard of the technique and can't wait to have a go. Another favourite Bible scripture, your version threw me a tad so I had to look it up but it is the same verse as on my NIV stamp. Hope you don't mind if I use that. I'll have to wait to play until after church though. BJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use the NIV. This version just appealed to me for today.

      Delete
  2. Super page and I'd never have thought of stamping with an embossing folder - but yes, of course! I love the lines of print here at right angles to each other: really gives the page structure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! Fantastic idea to stamp with an embossing folders! Love the clocks! I used one too. Will post later after life group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the use of the calender down the middle. Your stamping came out better than mine did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on another beautiful page hun
    x x x

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.