Thursday 29 November 2012

Day 29 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Appreciation.

Today's art challenge was to 'use a paper serviette as part of your page today'.

Today's page started with acrylic paint already on it from where I had mopped up paint from another page.  I really love these sunflower serviettes and use them quite often in my journals.

I tore off one corner of the serviette around the edge of the flower.  I carefully pulled the top layer of the serviette from the other 2 layers.  I brushed gel medium over the corner of the page and smoothed the serviette onto it.  I brushed a coat of gel medium thinly over the tissue to ensure it didn't get damaged by anything I did later.

I stamped more sunflowers at the top pf the page using the same technique as on November 21st.

I trimmed off the excess serviette and sprayed lemon ink and orange across the top left of the page.

I added the verse.

And journaled across the page following the contour of where the ink met the serviette.

I love this page because it actually ended up how I had seen it in my head.  That doesn't happen very often.

So satisfying.  I hope you have a satisfying day too.

See you tomorrow for our very last page.


4 comments:

  1. I just did a page using these little napkins as the background and I loved how it turned out. You did a great job with this page as always...and it is such a treat to have it turn out as what was in your head. I just had to gesso a page because what I saw in my head turned out to be a disaster on the page ;(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamped sunflowers blend so perfectly with the napkin ones. And writing along the line between is genius. I will remember this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.