Tuesday 27 November 2012

Day 27 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Travel.

Today's art challenge was to 'use an art medium you rarely use'. 


When I bought the Pan Pastels I used them quite often but I haven't used them for quite a while so I thought they fitted today's challenge.


I started by using Pan Pastels through an arrow template.  At which point I forgot to take a photograph.  I tried to 'fix' it with hairspray.  This is my usual method of making sure the pan pastel or chalks, if I'm using them, stick to the page.  However the hairspray decided not to spray finely but to glug all over the page so it was quite wet.  It seems to have survived.  Then I stamped over the whole page with a 'crackle' stamp which I think looks a bit like a map.


Here's a closeup.

I sponged Peacock Feathers Distress Ink over the whole page.  Then stamped the lamps, the quote, the compass and 'enjoy the journey'.  I also inked the the verse and stuck it on.

Finally I added the journaling.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you use today.  See you tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. I love the journaling stamp, the crackle and the arrows.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page there Bernice. All I could think of when I saw the theme was that I hate to travel. I mean I have been to loads of places in the past but lately I have stayed put at home. A lot to do with getting travel sick I suppose but probably a hangover from being "sent" between my divorved parents at a young age, between Wales & Devon! The scripture didn't even register and I wondered why on earth you has added lamps to your page!! Now I'm going to want to add lamps too. Not sure what I'll come up with today, certainly a challenge for me. Oh and an art medium I rarely use? Well I too have some chalks somewhere - HELP!........... BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love stopping by and getting inspired!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat page! Love that crackle stamp! I was thinking I need to find my lamp stamp, too. Great theme today, dh and I love to travel.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.