Monday 26 November 2012

Day 26 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Dreams.

Today's art challenge was to 'make your own washi tape to use on your page today'.

I thought I would try making my version of washi tape using surgical tape.  I stuck some down on my glass plate and stamped on it.  I sprayed some in on it but it seeped underneath and I was concerned it might stop it being sticky so I used Distress Ink instead.

Then I went a bit berserk with a star stencil and the Fall Seasonal Distress Inks.

And then I added some glimmer mist!!!

One of the joys of having the glass plate was that I could put the tape over the top of the page to see if it would work!

Which is when I decided it didn't and added some acrylic paint to it using my fingers.  I added it to the page but wasn't particularly impressed with it.

So I made some more tape using just Archival Ink.

I put the new tape over the old tape.  Sprayed the cut up verse and stuck it on.

I highlighted some of the stars, doodled along the sides of the tape and journaled between the cut up verse.

I think it's still too busy a background for me and would probably have started again except I'd already done the other side of the page.  I suppose I could have covered it with gesso or sprayed more ink over it.

Still there it is.  A very starry page.

I hope you have a better day.  See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks beautiful. I am so enjoying watching your process as you create. Thank you so much for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, too! I like the range of colors & it reminds me of a very star-y sky. Your tape turned out great! Eager to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.