Wednesday 21 November 2012

Day 21 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Celebration

Today's art challenge was to 'use wrapping paper on your page today'.

I sprayed the inks onto my paper and then to get rid of the excess paint I put it ink side down on my backing paper and interesting things happened. 

It picked up the turquoise stamping I had done when I was cleaning the stamp from the faux stitching. And picked up some of the other colours!


I stamped some balloons at the top of the page.

This is a tip from Dyan Reaveley.  I stamped two of the images on plain paper and cut them out and covered two of the sets of balloons.  I stamped over the top.

I did this several times and all the ones I stamped after the initial four sets look as thought they are behind the first ones.  Clever or what!?!   Thank you Dyan.

I painted different colours in the balloons with acrylic paint and some of the inks,

I added my verse and my journaling.

Where the rectangular highlights are on the balloons I coloured in with a yellow glaze pen.  I did this three times.  You have to wait for it to dry between each application.

Then I realised I'd forgotten the wrapping paper.  I could only find birthday paper even though I'd written about Christmas.  But never mind!

I punched out some circles and stuck them on.
I think I will need to come back and find some way to integrate the circles a little more.  They look like I forgot the challenge and just stuck something on randomly.  Which of course is what I did!!!!

What are you celebrating today?

5 comments:

  1. What a colourful page it is super. I came across my balloon stamp yesterday. It is a single solid one which I bought after a workshop which included the masking stamp technique you show. Think I need to make a bunting stamp for today now - LOL. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your forest of balloons in the sky looks so exciting! That's a clever technique for getting depth - and what patience to recolour those little squares three times! Love your wavy writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great!! Very colorful and I love the balloons. I recently used a striped wrapping paper on my Dec. calendar page and I loved how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love ALL THESE BALLOONS! Looks like they mean celebration to you, too! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the balloons! :) I used them in my journal as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.