Friday 2 November 2012

Day 2 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal

If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Today.

Today's art challenge was to 'use circles or squares'.

I used the same colour scheme as yesterday as I rather liked how it turned out.  I sprayed through a plastic canvas circle at the top and turned it over and pressed it down at the bottom right.  I sprayed blobs of Bubblegum Pink and sprayed Squeezed Orange through a stencil I had made by punching out 3 circles in a piece of card.   I put some clear gesso over the orange circles when the ink had dried.  Then I sprayed over the whole page with Fresh Lime.   Because of the colour of the base page, the colours are not as true as on the whilt backing paper.

I sprayed Bubblegum Pink through another Dylusions stencil.  O also used a Crafters Workshop stencil to get the small circles at the top right.I drew round the large circles with a black pen and a white pen.  I spread some white gesso through a Crafter's WOrkshop chevron stencil and wiped the excess randomly on the page.

I cut out the Bible verse and stuck it on the page with gel medium.   I also sprayed a lot of the bubblegum pink and some water at the top of the page and encouraged it to drip down the page.

I added some black lines round the verse and journaled about the things I am thankful for today.

I hope you found today's post useful.  If you are joining in with this project please post a link to your work on the challenge blog.

Hope to see you over there.

Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely page Mrs Hopper.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you show all the steps - appreciate the time you took with everything for this month.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.