Monday 19 November 2012

Day 19 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Books.

Today's art challenge was to 'use book paper either under your background or as part of the embellishment of your page'.

This was a piece of black cardstock that I stuck bit of book paper and dictionary paper. using gel medium.

I trimmed off the edges and then used spray inks through a stencil.  I turned the wet stencil over on the page to get a negative image.

I stamped randomly with an alphabet stamp and black Archival Ink.  ANd then sprayed with orange ink which I dabbed off with the rag.

I also stamped around the edge and stuck the verse on. I drew white lines with Tipp-Ex correction tape and then wrote on it.

I'm not totally convinced it's a finished page but that's the joy of art journaling.  You can come back to it later and fiddle with it!


2 comments:

  1. The effect of the text under the paint is lovely - and I love seeing your pages as they develop like this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.