Thursday 15 November 2012

Day 23 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal

Sorry. this one is out of order. Please come back to this one on November 23rd

If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Friends & Family.

Today's art challenge was to 'add stitching to your page today'.

There are not very many photos today.  Firstly I sprayed some water at the top of the page and then sprayed two colours of inks.   I stood the page up on end and sprayed some more water to encourage the paint to drip and then mopped it with my paint rag.

I own some stamps that look like stitches - I don't think you can get them any more.  I stamped round the edges of the page to make it look like I had put it through the sewing machine.   You could machine it or doodle it with a pen.  I also stamped the hearts down the page.

I stuck on the verse and journaled down one side of the page.


This was really quick and easy today, but quite effective.

Don't forget to link your page to today's post on An Attitude of Gratitude.

3 comments:

  1. I love your dangling hearts! And kudos for keeping up on this project! I have been really happy with my pages. I've completed 11 so far and have five more backgrounds in my journal. 16 has felt like the perfect number for me.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gently hanging hearts are a lovely touch and what a great piece of stamping. Till I read your post in detail, I really thought you'd got your machine out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitch stamps look like the real thing! I thought you stitched a piece of fabric and then adhered it to your page. Fooled me! Company was here for a week so I am playing catch-up on my pages.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.