Monday 12 November 2012

Day 12 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on My Neighbourhood.

Today's art challenge was to 'include a map on your page today'.

I tore a piece from an old map of the area I live in which includes my road and stuck it onto the paper with gel medium.

I put a layer of gesso over the whole page with a lighter scraping across the map itself.

I sprayed the whole page with Lime spray ink and wiped it with a baby wipe.

I sprayed orange ink and some water at the top of the page and let it drip down.  I dabbed the ink with my cloth which meant it doesn't show up very much.  Then I did the same thing with turquoise.

I randomly printed onto the page with a map stamp and then added my verse and my journaling.
 

I really like how layered this looks despite the fact it really doesn't have that many layers.

I hope you are finding my interpretations of the challenges useful.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely finding your interpretations useful, always pop over to your blog first (even if you haven't linked it up I know the challenge will be there :)) Off to cut up my old map book.... BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernice, this page is lovely! I appreciate you for showing the steps. I found your gratitude journal challenge online. Thank you so much! It is wonderful! I am starting late, so I will adapt it a bit, and post on the facebook page soon. This is just the perfect thing for me at this time. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page turned out so cheery. Love how you walk us through your process!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.