Thursday 1 November 2012

Day 1 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal

Welcome to everyone who has recently decided to follow my blog.  I am overwhelmed by the interest shown in the Attitude of Gratitude Challenge Blog and delighted that so many people are going to follow along, and hopefully participate.
 
If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Wholeheartedness.

Today's art challenge was to 'use a colour you don't like or don't use very often'.

I don't often use yellow in my art so that was my starting point.  Dylusions Lemon Zest.

Just so you know!  This is a bit of a Dylusions fest using spray inks, stamps and stencils from the range.

Putting the large sheets of cartridge paper I mentioned in last Friday's post on my table, I started by spraying through some Punchinella (sequin waste) onto the non-printed side of Kraft cardstock using Bubblegum Pink and sprayed Fresh Lime through an alphabet stencil.  Instead of wiping the punchinella and the stencil or pressing them into pages of another sketchbook, I pressed them onto the large sheet of paper.  I also used the piece of cotton rag to mop up with and to dry sections of the page.


I sprayed the page with water and then with the Lemon Zest. I mopped up the excess by pressing one of the pieces of cartridge paper onto it and then onto the A3 cartridge paper.

I used Melted Chocolate  to spray through a Diamond stencil.  And when this was dry, I randomly stamped with Dylusions Basic Backgrounds stamps and black Archival Ink.

 I stamped the birds from this Dylusions set and painted them with a small brush using Squeezed Orange.   I cut up the printed out Bible verse and backed it onto purple scrapbooking paper and stuck it to the page.  I highlighted some of the diamonds and circles with a white pen.

Finally I journaled my thoughts on positivity and negativity in my lifeand the need for mindfulness.

I hope you found today's post useful.  If you are joining in with this project please post a link to your work on the challenge blog.

Hope to see you over there.

Bernice

9 comments:

  1. Very cool...love seeing the step by step layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Bernice, the birds are so cute and funky. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birdies are really sweet at the bottom. And I really like the way you've added the bible verse.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your page! The techniques are so helpful and your birds are adorable! All my life I thought I couldn't draw (I'm 50) but I am finding out there is more than one way to be "artful". Thanks for helping my process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial! I'm new at this and haven't started my journal yet but hope to today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fabulous! I love these colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can add is WOW. I am new to these techniques and would never have thought to pull it all together the way you do. I can't wait to pull out my supplies and try my hand. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.