Tuesday 3 April 2012

Goal review


At the beginning of 2012, for the first time ever I compiled a list of goals.  I thought that as we are a quarter of the way through the year I would look at how I am doing with these goals.
Goals

Soul and spirit:   friends, faith, fellowship, community
Invite people round at least once a month hasn’t happened
Respond to comments on my blog have done this occasionally
Meet people for coffee once a week  - met with Liz twice and Rebecca 3 times
Speak to people rather than just text or e-mail - occasionally
Visit Pa more regularly - been once!
Spend time with God: pray, read the Bible  - have been following a daily reading plan for reading the Bible chronologically.
Complete Divine Romance - gave up on this
Completed the Confident Heart book study - gave up on this
Attend Lifegroup - have been every week apart from when I was in Pembrokeshire
Attend church - have been every week I’ve been in Solihull
 
Body:  fitness, diet, sleep
Attend Rosemary Conley weekly  - have attended unless I was somewhere else!
Exercise three times a week  - haven’t kept this up but have been walking more
Go for a long walk each week - have done a long walk every week of this year so far
Drink three glasses of water each day - hasn’t happened
Sleep 6 to 7 hours every night - hasn’t happened
Do the Made to Crave study - gave up on this
 
Mind:   art, reading, Etsy, photography, blog
Art
Complete Scrapbook Life Journal - up-to-date at the end of March
Complete Doodles Unleashed – didn’t complete this as the latter part of the class didn’t interest me, but at least I found out what wasn’t my style
Complete ATC swap each month - have completed the first 3 months
Watch jumpstart videos  - watched all the videos and read the blogs
Do Art Every Day Journal - I don’t necessarily do it every day but the journal is up-to-date to the end of March
Take part in 21 secrets - this only started on 1st April
Just do art - haven’t done much, particularly in March as I was doing Ashes to Beauty. 

I didn't include One Little Word in this list but I am up-to-date with that also.  I discovered Ashes to Beauty after I had written these goals and I have completed about 75% of it.
Reading
Read a book each week - haven’t necessarily read one a week but have read quite a few books but sometimes several in the same week.* Also in the midst of dipping into at least 4 other books all at the same time.
Complete A Confident Heart book study - gave this up, but will definitely read the book

Photography
Take a photo each day for the 365+1 challenge - gave this up
Take part in Snap:2012 - gave this up
Use the camera in manual at least once per week - have taken lots of pictures this year but have taken them all on automatic

Etsy
Make three mini books per month – I made the basis of 3 journals in January and in February so have 6 ready to be finished.
Investigates new styles of mini books - have been thinking about this
Make three SONflowers per month - haven’t done this at all
Accounts - not touched this and need to be done by May

Blog
Newlycreative: blog 3 times per week - have blogged 22 times out of a potential 39
WhollyCreative: blog once per week - only blogged once this year
Artful Faith: blog once per week - only blogged once this year


Books I’ve read in 2012
Fiction
Psalm 23 Series: The Lord is my Shepherd; I Shall Not Want; Lie Down in Green Pastures by Debbie Viguie
From Ashes to Honor   by Loree Lough
A Sweethaven Summer by Courtney Walsh
They Almost Always Come Home by Cynthia Ruchti
A Hearth in Candlewood  by Delia Parr
The Pastor’s Wife by Jennifer AlLee

Non-Fiction
You’re already Amazing by Holley Gerth
Personality Plus by Florence Littauer
Let Me Be A Woman by Elisabeth Elliot
Restoring Your Spiritual Passion by Gordon MacDonald

I can see that there are areas that need more focus but on the whole I am quite pleased with my focus so far.  I am sure that I have actually achieved more in 3 months than I normally would have done because I wrote these goals down in the first place.

Did you set yourself goals this year?  If so, how are you getting on?  Do leave a comment telling me how you are doing.

2 comments:

  1. It does seem like you've done a lot. I've been moving along on my one little word goals - to focus on "home" in all its aspects.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you say I am always busy! seems a lot going on there but at least it all sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.