Some of the cotton samples I made:
I decided I would make 4 squares and tore up the fabric into 6.5" squares. I laid out the squares and auditioned bits until I was happy. These photos are a bit blurry as I was taking them with my phone. (My camera is away being repaired!)
I ironed the words on as they had been printed on bondawebbed canvas and I stitched the other pieces on.
Back home I decided to cut out another 8 squares and now I have my camera back I have taken some photos.
At Littleheath Barn I was able to have some words typed out and printed onto fabric. I had some of the fabric left over which already had bondaweb on it so I used a permanent pen and wrote words on the scraps and ironed them on.
There's still lots of hand stitching and machining to do before I can assemble all these squares into a book. Hopefully it will get finished - unlike two other versions of this that I have still in progress.
Thanks for stopping by.