The first activity was to paint a journey on a long piece of paper using black acrylic paint and 5 different brush sizes. You can find information about this in Kim's Book Experimental Textiles.
I think mine is a bit too airy fairy for what we needed to do next.
In close up
There are 11 of us in the group and here are all our journeys put together.
We then moved on to other design activities.
We traced sections from the journey and 2 of the other exercises to get 6 different designs.
Here are Helen and I working on our designs.
I've since worked on combinations of the designs including using the computer.
I'm not keen on any of the designs I've come up with but it was worth learning the technique.
Thanks for stopping by.