When I stood down from the Foundation Team at His Kingdom Come I felt a real peace about it but also a sense of loss. The formation and running of HKC had been my focus and purpose for over 12 months. And as I said in my post introducing my word: 'But giving up something that is successful without God saying what is next is bittersweet and I'm not good at just resting or not knowing what is coming next.'
I felt that I needed a purpose or a vision for what is coming next. And I seriously thought about having Vision as my word. 'Where there is no vision, the people perish ..' Proverbs 29:18
But Purpose kept coming back into my mind. I also prayed about it.
And various books and articles kept showing up which helped confirm the right choice.
I looked online for a dictionary definition of purpose
• : the reason why something is done or used : the aim or intention of something
• : the feeling of being determined to do or achieve something
• : the aim or goal of a person : what a person is trying to do, become, etc.
A friend posted a link on Facebook to a website which also led me to a book: Chazown - the book and the website
In May, Mary wrote some devotions for His Kingdom Come based on self-care and I intend to return to those and to look at the links Mary provided:
- Personality test resources: I (Mary) personally prefer the Myers-Briggs personality assessment. It is very in-depth and used by many churches and employers. 16 Personalities or Typefinder Personality test
- Spiritual gifts test resources:
- Saddleback Church, home of pastor Rick Warren has a great tool called SHAPE to help understand how you are wired.
Listen to the words of this song.
I want to dig down into what makes me the person I am and to tell my story. To get that going I signed up for a class from Jeanne Oliver: Reflections.
I much prefer to choose a word for the year - something that I want to see more of in my life. Do you choose a word for the year? If so, why not share it in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by.