Wednesday 20 January 2016

Glimpses of Jesus 3

Glimpses of Jesus in the Old Testament is a year long bible study written by Simon Clay of Jubilee Church Solihull.   You can join in at any time.

Today's study is about Abraham in Genesis 12:1-3.  The part that stood out to me and inspired my journal page was later in the story in Genesis 15:5
He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars - if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” 

I thought of the numerous stars in the sky - too many to count - and that one special star that led to the stable when Jesus was born.  And that led to this page.

I put a thin coat of gesso on the page and then used a snowflake stencil for the large star and a star stencil for the other stars.  I used Transparent Texture Paste through the stencil.

I put a thin layer of acrylic paint over the page and you can see the texture of the kitchen paper where I dabbed it off.   I wiped someo f the paint off the stars.

I put another coat of acrylic paint over the page.

I used some white acrylic paint through the stencil to make the large star show up.  It's not as neat as I would have liked it to have been.  The paste had spread under the stencil.  Then I wrote around the edge of the page.

You can join in with the Bible study without doing a creative response.  I do hope you will join me.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.