I ended my last post with this photo of the signatures I had put together.
I divided the 4 signatures into 5 and decided to make two journals - one with 3 signatures in and one with 2. I followed the course instructions (well almost!) and made the cover like a duvet cover. And it was just as difficult to get the stiffening into the cover as getting a duvet into a duvet cover!
So for the second one I decided to have raw edges and not worry about it.
Here's the first one with ribbon machined on for the closure tie.
And the signature stitches on the spine.
This one just has ribbon tied round it. I might stitch it to the cover!
Here's a flip through of the two journals. I went to great lengths to film it so it wasn't wobbly like last time and yet this is the one that YouTube offered to remove the wobbly bits from!
And while I was at the crop I also stitched some more of my 'Tulip' Book - an online class from Ineke Berlyn. But I'll leave that for another post.
Thanks for stopping by.