But I spent all of January fighting my word. To find out how the word chose me you can read this post.
You may remember that I planned to do an art journaled calendar for each month through 2015 and this was my January calendar.
About 10 days into the month it became obvious that I wasn't going to fill in what had happened each day and after some thought I decided to give up on the whole calendar aspect of the journal. I removed the flap attached to the right hand page so that the Thirst page would show. I removed the 'flowers' from the left hand page.
I covered the page with gesso.
I added acrylic paint.
I thought that was too bright so I covered it with a light blue.
And as it was drying, wiped some of the pale blue off so that the layer underneath showed through.
I had a spare page left over from when I pulled pages out of my other Dylusions journal and fixed it to the left hand page with washi tape. I had been using it under pages I was painting so that is why it has a stripe of blue acrylic on it.
I wiped two Distress Ink Pads over the page.
I tried blending the inks with a wet wipe which wasn't totally successful. Then using a blending tool I filled up the page.
I used a stencil to add the spray shapes.
I found some alphabet stickers and checked they weren't too big for the page by attaching them to a clear ruler.
I stuck them down.
One of the prompts for January in Logos365 was to make an acrostic. I found words that matched some of my goals for the year and stuck down more alphabet stickers to make the words.
I found Bible verses that went with each word and printed them out. I cut them up and inked the edges before sticking them down.
Here are the pages together.
I still have the pages to do under the flap. I'll share those soon.
Thanks for stopping by.