You can see more here.
We started the workshop being shown about Notan and Counterchange. We used small squares of paper and worked in our sketchbooks. I took photos of each stage rather than making each stage.
And then went totally mad
I worked in fabric after that using batik type cotton. Rather than making each square separately I used one piece of backing fabric. This should now be put onto wadding and machined. These are 4 inch squares.
Then I tried another version still not strictly adhering to the instructions - which actually made it more difficult for me! These are 3 inch squares.
So I have taken the idea and started working on these pieces. I almost followed the instructions. I made the 2.5 inch squares up in the way that we had been taught but instead of using wadding I've used pelmet vilene. This may well make it more difficult to free machine but we'll see.
Currently they are very monotone but a visit today to a quilt shop might supply some other fabric!
I'll let you know how I get on.
Thanks for stopping by.