Friday 5 September 2014

Scavenger Hunt

Each summer Rinda sets a Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt which people all over the world take part in.

I decided I would take part and my first post was here.

And then I lost interest.  So much on and I thought I needed to give up something and the Scavenger Hunt went by the wayside.  However we went away for 3 days this week and I thought I would take photos and if any of them fitted the hunt then great.  I hadn't got the list with me but as soon as I saw some birds on a wire the list started coming back to me.  And I did look it up on the internet at the end of day 2.  Here are more photos for the list.

3 Birds on a wire








4 A group of tourists
 And here they are closer up.
 5 A rack of postcards.  I had this one already but this is a better version.
 And a close up.
 6 An urban street scene.  This is Ilminster in Somerset.
8 A tattoo on a person.  I didn't think I would be able to find a photo for this category so took this photo instead.

However when we got home from our few days away the guy at the checkout in Sainsbury's had this so I was really cheeky and asked if I could take a photo.

9 A bakery
10 A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer).  I try desperately hard not to have people in my photos but the lady on the left walked into my photo as I was taking it.  I knew she had done it but knew I could crop her out of the photo.
However, this woman was a total surprise to me - only realising she was there when I downloaded my photos.

17 A lamp post

18 A water fall.  In my mind waterfalls are large affairs with cascades of water but this is the only falling water I've seen - apart from the rain!

19 A public garden.  I could have gone to the local park but decided a garden that is open to the paying public would meet the brief.

21 A photograph of you with something representing the season.  This is me with some end of Summer/beginning of Autumn flowers.  And of course needing to wear a waterproof jacket.








Since it's extremely unlikely that I will get up early enough to take a photo of a sunrise (#13) I have substituted Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp.   This is a kite in the shape of a hot air balloon.

I might see a juggler (#15) before the hunt ends on September 23rd but in case I don't I have substituted this for  a bird house.   I took this photo of a bird house:
But then realised this was a much better bird house - the dovecote at Lytes Cary in Somerset.
The only ones I need now are #1 a sign welcoming people to your home town, #2 a garden gnome, #11 a horn, #12 a mascot and #14 a parade.

I just might manage it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice











4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the challenge. Great shots! I know what you mean about challenges - some you just have to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos...that dovecote is really special and such a lovely public garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dovecote. Great bakery too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the dovecote, too! And good for you for rising to the challenge.
    Rinda
    ps the advent calendar looks enticing.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.