Thursday 22 May 2014

Practising Gratitude day 15: Give generously

For 21 days in May I am running an art challenge blog called The Art of Practising Gratitude.  Today's post is here.  On my blog I will be showing what I did in response to the blog post.

Today's challenge was based on video by Carolyn Dube.  I used the Distress Inks to replicate the shapes she had on her journal page.

I used some of the torn out pages to mask the areas I wanted to ink

I really liked the end result.

Then using 3 different stencils I put pattern onto the pages still using Distress Ink.

I stamped the words and stuck down the Bible verse.

I haven't journaled on the page while I am making my work public..  I am aware of these verses:
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.  Matthew 6:3-4

I might add some journaling at a later date or find some way to do hidden journaling on it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice



1 comment:

  1. I really like the end result too, it's very effective!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.