Health warning: this post has a lot of photographs in it. And I mean a lot!
I decided that I wanted to make a fabric book based on the Fruit of the Spirit. I had a book which was designed for scrapbooking which I cut up to use for the words in my book. I started by painting and stencilling on different fabrics and papers.
Then I cut up some felt into 9 inch squares for the base of each page and tore strips of paper and fabric to create the backgrounds.
I bonded the papers and fabrics to the felt.
Then I machined and handstitched on each page.
Last Sunday I took all the pages to my local crop and tacked the pages together. First assembling them in pairs and then putting the pairs back to back with a printed fabric 'spine'.
And then finally today, I machined the double pages together and stitched the whole thing together down the spine.
Inside front cover and page 1
Pages 2 & 3
Pages 4 & 5
Pages 6 & 7
Page 8 and inside back cover
Back cover and front cover
Congratulations if you've got to this point. Thanks for stopping by and reading to the end.