Of course it might have helped if I'd gone back to watch the video. But no I just started. I put gesso on the page and then a layer of acrylic paint.
I dropped the Surgical Spirit on it and it didn't have much effect. I tried putting another colour on top and tried again and that didn't work. I realised that the paint was too thick so I used the bleachout technique - using a wet wipe through a stencil which is what produced the mosaic look.
By this time it looked muddy so I sprayed some White Linen Ink on it. That didn't make it look any better.
As I was working in my journal rather than on paper I had to stick with it. Although I suppose I could have put gesso over the whole thing and started again. Instead of using the Amsterdam paints I moved on to using the Ranger Dabbers and diluting the paint rather more. This was more successful.
I'm not sure what colour I put on after the pink but this was the final colour. I drew the swirls and leaves with a Stabilo pencil. I put some modelling paste through the mosaic stencil and stamped randomly with Archival Ink.
I went over the pencil with a water brush. I stuck some map flowers onto the 'stem'.
I added some writing.
It still didn't look finished so I added the quote from the challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.