Thursday 18 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 18

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today we are visiting two places - Thyatira and Sardis.  The art challenge is to uses repeat patterns on the page.

These are the next few pages in my book.


I wondered about unfolding the middle page.

But then decided not to and taped the fold down.


I covered the page with gesso and distress inks and put some distress ink through a Dina Wakley Mosaic stencil.  I decided to make a pocket for my journaling tag.

I bought this Baby Feet stamp in Hobbycraft for a pound and cut it up and removed the heart.

I printed the footsteps as my repeat pattern.

I coloured the tag with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and used the same colour through the stencil and on the stamp. I journaled on the back.

Here's the finished page with the quote and verse on.  I also added a piece of map from a page I had torn out.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

3 comments:

  1. I am loving the progress of your altered book. I have never attempted one, altho my daughter made us a fabulous one for our Silver Wedding a few years ago.

    And I think you have been brilliant to re-purpose that footprint stamp. I have occasionally seen stamps in the bargain bin, and thought 'that is OK, apart from that detail' - NOW I know what to do with them!!

    I am more of a needlecrafter than a papercrafter- but find your ideas and pictures so inspiring

    Brilliant blog - please keep it up.

    Summer blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's gorgeous, I love how you've used the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I'm back on day 9, but reading each day's lesson and jotting down ideas in my notebook. I hope to do a multi-day catch up soon.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.