Saturday 17 November 2012

Day 17 My Attitude of Gratitude Journal


If you want to join in with making an Attitude of Gratitude Journal through the month of November click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Laughter.

Today's art challenge was to 'use a mask somewhere on your page'.

I sprayed the page with lemon, orange and chocolate inks. I added a spritz of water and moved the paper so the inks blended.

Do you remember the leaves I cut out to make a stencil on November 7th?  Well here I am using the leaves as masks.

I sprayed over the leaves with pink and then moved the leaves and sprayed again.  The pink mixed with the other colours to produce a deep orange.

I highlighted some of the leaves using the stencil to draw with and stamped the hearts before adding the verse.

I outlined the verse and added my journaling.


I love how simple this was to do and yet looks as though it has far more layers than are there.

What will you use as a mask today?

4 comments:

  1. I was determined to do a yellow page today and there we have it, you beat me to it - LOL. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mask on the background works really well - I could just see the leaves tumbling mistily and gently! A lovely page with a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is wonderful! You inspired me to use orange today! Love your bright colors. The leaves are so gorgeous and your journaling....well, it makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful warm Autumn colors. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.