Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Altered Book

I am in the process of making an altered book. I have cut and folded all the pages inside and painted them with a coat of acrylic paint.

 
I cut a hole in the cover of the book and stuck the roof on from a Wendy Vecchi Art Parts Residences set.

I covered the outside of the book with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape and coloured it with distress inks - although the ink doesn't show up much in the photo.


I also cut a hole in the next page of the book

 And stuck the house on the next page.  It is 2 layers of house thick so that when you close the book the house shows level at the front cover.

The next one I do, I want to have more house on the front of the book somehow.  Will have to think it through as I did some of this one in the wrong order and made it difficult for myself.

1 comment:

  1. ah, but by doing I always find it's the best way to learn what to do, or not to do next time round. I LOVE this book here, and have a thing for little hand-made books :)

    Thanks for stopping by mine.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Thanks.